Saturday 22 March 2008

Astrology: My Passion

Born to highly practical parents, I became interested in astrology when my teenage cousins, who were reading their horoscopes in a teeny magazine, asked for my birthday and worked out that I was a Pisces. Of course, the forecast made no sense to me because I was only about 7 at the time. Despite the irrelevance, the idea of using the stars to understand what is happening on Earth fascinated me. I used to consider astrology to be pure entertainment, but all that changed when I first laid eyes on a birthchart. I honestly cannot remember when that was, perhaps in my late teens. The birthchart, showing a map of the heavens at the time of my birth, looked magical to me. I couldn't wait to find out what each symbol and line meant!

This discovery answered one basic question as to why most people think astrology doesn't work. The horoscopes you see in newspapers and magazines merely take the Sun Sign into account. Astrology is more than that, just like the complexity of your personality. You may act differently in front of different people and in various situations. A birthchart doesn't just look at your Sun Sign but also your Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn etc., each representing a different aspect of yourself, thus building up a more comprehensive profile of your personality.

In his insightful book 'Astrology, Karma and Transformation: Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart', Stephen Arroyo, a psychological astrologer, taught me that challenges in life (represented by 'stressful' angles in your chart) can be blessings in disguise, because they urge you to utilise untapped potential in your personal make-up. The so-called good/smooth aspects, representing natural talents and opportunities, could mean laziness and complacency if they are not put to good use. I have also learnt that astrology can show you the lessons you may encounter in your lifetime. These lessons will happen time and time again, but once you have mastered what it is that you have to learn, the 'problem' will no longer be a bother to you.

Astrology is a valuable tool to unleashing your innate gifts and challenges. With the help of an astrologer, you are made aware of your strengths, which could then be put to good use (if not already!). Having an awareness of your weaknesses is the first step to self-improvement. Let's face it, no one is perfect! I have personally found that true happiness can only follow with self-acceptance - good or bad, you are who you are!

Image courtesy of sattva / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

5 comments:

  1. I found my Birth Chart analysis with Maxine to be very insightful and very interesting. She explained to me the different layers of my personality; what I show to the outside world and what I keep hidden within my inner self, these different aspects are reflected in the alignment of the planets, which I feel has been amazingly accurate!

    Maxine highlighted the themes and issues that will arise for me this year, she highlighted my strengths and weaknesses and explained the best way to deal with these current issues to achieve the best possible outcome. Thanks Maxine!

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maxine produced my Birth Chart analysis a few years ago. I found it a very thorough reflection of my personality and character. It not only described me more or less to a tee, but also managed to show me some weaknesses I had.

    Maxine gave me a insightful and accurate guide, highlighting areas that I could work on, whilst pointing out my strengths too.

    Thank you, it was really useful process, and the end result was fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maxine did my birth chart for me and it was amazingly accurate. It's really made me want to know more about it all, and I've already recommended the site and her to my friends. Thanks Max!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maxine did charts for my girlfriend (now my wife) and I a few years ago to see how compatible we were. The charts did seem to be very accurate about our individual characteristics, and the suggestion was that we'd be compatible partners in a relationship, and I'm glad to say that I agree as much now as I did then.

    I think the thing that I remember most about the charts Maxine did, however, is how accurate the time of birth had to be and also, how much detail she put into the results. It certainly made for very interesting reading.

    Cheers, Maxine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear that you have been learning Astrology from the topmost authorities, e.g. Rob Hand, Steven Arroyo

    ReplyDelete

Flowing with Moon in Leo

  I don't know about you, but for the past 2.5 days, while the moon was traversing in Cancer, it hadn't been easy for me personally....